Monday, January 25, 2010

Handmade Home

I love this book and didn't have nearly enough time to do all the projects I wanted to work on. I've been waiting for Handmade Home by Amanda Blake Soule for 2 months now. It was so worth the wait and actually a book that I would consider buying. Of course with a popular library book, you only have 3 weeks to soak it all in and then return for the next in line. Amanda Blake Soule has some great ideas for reusing items and repurposing them for something new. I made a rage bag (holds the daily soiled dishrags from the sink) out of an old pair of pajamas. It was a fun, easy project. My next project will be making a reusable Happy Birthday banner out of scrap fabric. I've already put my name on the waiting list to take this book out again.

3 comments:

  1. I saw that book at chapters and was very tempted to buy it! I'm glad to know it was such a good read. Now the question is, do I have the patience to wait in line to read it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy books like this! I can sit and read and imagine and imagine and then plan and plan.....
    I might only get one item accomplished but I still love this kind of book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenivere, glad to hear from you. Just figured out a couple of days ago who JesseandJenivere were and how these people found me! Yes it is a great book, I know a few friends who NEVER buy books and have actually mentioned buying the book for themselves. I'm also reading her book The Creative Family.

    ReplyDelete