Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas....Extreme Style


I am a big fan of the CBC radio show, The Vinyl Cafe. Stuart McLean is a great story teller. This book gives you exactly what you are expecting from it, funny stories that are easy to read. It was a great book to pick up over the Christmas holidays, light and entertaining.
Over the Christmas break I also managed to fit in cleaning our carpets and installing a new dual flush toilet....yeah Stephy. I never did finish sending out all my Christmas cards but I did manage to make almost all of my gifts this year. I have a few other books on the go, so I'll be posting again soon.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Stephy is right! You are the only woman that I know that would tackle a toilet! I am so proud of you! And also looking forward to the new seating!
    I am in agreement re: Stuart McLean. He can make such simple events into amazing narratives.
    I finished Lovely Bones..... very different from anything I have read! Saw on the tube last night a preview for a movie on the book. I don't think I want to see it! I can imagine without having it played out for me. Now I am into an Anne Tyler, Digging to America. I have a couple of others waiting.... but I have to be in the mood.....
    It is a 'reading' day today with lots of snow coming down but who knows......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you accomplished so much lately! Good for you & it must feel good to know its done.
    Hope you enjoyed your holidays :)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could be a super hero I would be YOU!!! Way to go on the toilet. You are amazing! I have not been reading at all latly but I did practice piano for 2 hours tonight.

    ReplyDelete