Thursday, February 11, 2010


10 years ago a book about creative living would have been the last thing you'd see on my bookshelf but 10 years, one husband and 2 kids later can change a person. The Creative Family by Amanda Blake Soule is a recent and wonderful read. I admit, I didn't finish it completely but did manage to get through a lot of it. It is the kind of book you want to read slowly and soak in all of her ideas. I am striving to be more creative and encourage that in my children. Ms. Soule encourages parents to look for where their creativity lies and take time for it. She has a tutorial on finger knitting that I used with Jae. That was a fun thing for us to share. Since reading this book I've been trying to listen more to what my kids can teach me....how the world looks through their eyes. Jae told me today on our walk that she thought two badly pruned trees looked like 2 deer....she was right! I have once again put this book on hold at the library and will eagerly wait through another 2 months to read it again.


4 comments:

  1. I love you. You are one of the most interesting people I know. You are inspireing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw this book at Chapters recently, I recalled how every time I read her blog, her simplicity in parenting is inspiring. I want to spend more time watching and listening to my kids creativity grow too. This is a great find Steph, and I'm glad you have treasured its many inspiring crafts. :)

    ReplyDelete