Monday, December 7, 2009

When It's Cold Outside

What do you do when it's cold outside.....read of course! This book was recommended by a few trusted sources but funny I never thought to ask what it was about. Isn't it great to watch a movie when you've neither seen nor heard any of the "previews." I read this book with that same feeling of not knowing what the book was about. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen was a pleasant surprise. If your looking for an interesting story, than you've come to the right book. It's not very thought provoking or profound but just a perfect book to read on a snowy, cold winter weekend. The story tells of one man's adventure when a tragic turn of events turns his life upside down and he finds himself joining the circus as a vet. I really won't tell you much more than that. Just enjoy the read with out much knowledge of the story ahead of time.
4 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. It just sounds like fun! There are times when all I want is to be entertained by a book. I don't want to be challenged, moved or to even think on too deep a level. I just want to smile and enjoy....

    Will keep this one in mind for future reference.....

    ReplyDelete