Thursday, October 1, 2009

How to Write a Book Report?


I've finished my first book since starting this blog. Now all day I've been trying to think about the right words to say for my blog entry. It's felt much like elementary school when I had a book report due. I've never been much for writing, I've had to talk myself into this. I think I need to realize that writing is just another way of communicating with people and expressing yourself. Bear with me as I learn to communicate my love or hate of the books I read.

On with the book report. The Flying Troutmans by Miriam Toews. A young, childless woman returns to Canada from France to care for her sister's teenage son and pre-teen daughter, while her sister (Min) recovers in a mental institution. The aunt takes the kids on a road trip across America to find their father whom they haven't seen in 10 years or so. Both kids are troubled by the uncertainty of their mother's illness and their lack of a present father in their lives. Sounds sort of sad but actually is very comedic. Kind of warped humor. Easy read, funny read, also can make you think if you want it to. Yes, I'd reccommend it.

Kids are screaming, the phone is ringing, I gotta go!! This is not proofread.....yikes.

2 comments: