Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Secret Daughter


I dove into Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda for my latest read. It was quick and easy. The book tells the story of two women, worlds apart in culture and status, that are linked to each other through their daughter. One woman gives up her child to an orphanage and the other woman adopts the child and raises her. Topics like infertility, adoption, social issues in India, motherhood and marriage are party of the stories that are told through both of the women's lives.

2 comments:

  1. Steph, I just finished the book. Yes, it was an easy read in some ways, easy to read I guess. Hard, as I think of how so much of the world lives, why am I so privileged to live so comfortably.
    I did feel a little stretched with all the issues covered! But I still enjoyed it.
    Thanks for the recommendation because I would never have picked it up otherwise.
    I rarely buy a book but this one I did with the hope that others will have the chance to read it too.

    ReplyDelete