Monday, August 30, 2010

Hello, I'm Back!


I can't even remember all the books I've read since my last post. Yikes! I must admit that there have been some events over the past months that really limited the time I was willing to make for blogging. Summer of course is a busy time with gardening, biking, swimming, holidaying etc. etc. As I write I'm also preparing apple butter, which needs careful watching so it doesn't scorch. A perfect time to fit in blogging, right?

In May I started back to work 4 days per week. The K man is at home being the parent while I'm away earning the $$$. It's been an adjustment for all of us but is starting to feel normal. In July we spent 3 weeks in Winnipeg hanging out with cousins, touring the sites and enjoying the heat, while K worked on Guy Maddin film project. Exciting stuff for him and we made the most of our adventure.

Now on to my summer reading list. I have been reading the famous Twilight vampire series by Stephenie Meyer. It has really been a great summer read for me. Light, a bit juvenile, romantic, and thrilling. I've just finished the third book of the four book series. All of them so far have had a rather slow start for my liking but when the excitement hit I couldn't put the book down. Many well read friends have recommended the series to me and I can see why. Once in a while it just feels good to read a book that is fun to read and has nothing in it to compare to your life or to contemplate about. What can I say? It's a book about a girl falling in love with a teenage vampire and the adventures that follow them. Oh and aren't the covers just sexy looking?! It's something about the red on black. I can read the book anywhere and no one thinks I'm reading a teen fiction unless they've read it themselves. And now that I'm finished I'll be following it up with some movie watching of the same series with some girlfriends.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! You're reading a great series I've been told many times, & the movies are surprisingly fun to watch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Steoh! So good to find you again!

    And how did the apple butter turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say the apple butter turned out the way it is supposed to but apple butter is weird. I'm not sure I love apple butter, but the kids will eat it. When it comes to weird food thank goodness for kids that are not picky eaters!

    ReplyDelete